TOP TEN FAVORITE MEMORIES FROM MOTHER'S DAY
1. Breakfast in bed. Fresh strawberries, pineapple, crepes, yogart parfait, peach vanillla smoothie, cheesy scrambled eggs, and raspberry mocha coffee with real whipped cream.
2. Drive to Seward with my family. Stopping at every creek, lake, and spot of interest. For us the joy was in the journey.
3. Having my girls find pieces of driftwood they loved, and later painting beautiful scenes for me on them.
4. Getting so close to a sea otter (so adorable...a favorite of mine!) that I could hear him munch his lunch.
5. Watching a sea lion show, and not at Sea World...but in a small Alaskan boat harbor. He entertained us so thoroughly, I could not stop watching him and hubby had to drag me away.
6. Gorgeous Tern Lake, a scene so peaceful you want to live and die there.
7. Listening to Richard Peck's audio book, A Way Down Yonder, and laughing our heads off.
8. Having my family wash my new car for me, before we headed out on our road trip. I love a shiny ride!
9. Spectacular views, and being near the water all day. I am happiest near the sea!
10. Just us being us.