Monday, July 20, 2009

Life, Love, and Changes

I know that life is about changes, but I have never been good at them. I am a sentimental fool, to a fault, and I'll keep a gum wrapper for 15 years if it has significant meaning! Yep, that bad.


So, you can imagine how it feels to me when I lose one of my animals. It hurts. I mourn, and it takes a long time for me to feel like life is okay again. But life is about changes, even when you love something. God stretches us until we think we will snap, but at the same time he holds our hand and lets us slowly catch our breath before he stretches us again in another direction.


All this to say that we are selling one of our horses.


I really love this horse. She has been a great part of our family, and I will not let her go until another family falls in love with her and shows me that she will be dear to them as she is to us.





As you can see, Winter's Whisper has kept us busy! And we have kept her busy too.


Here is a picture from Saturday's horse show. More on that later....I have lots of pics to share.


Chena won the blue ribbon for English Equitation! I'm proud of this powerful team, my daughter and this mare.
I will keep you guys updated as I struggle with this change. Life, love and changes. They combine beautifully to help make us who we are.

8 comments:

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

OK.. I'm crying!
I can relate... these things just have to be...

I love the photo of your daughter and the jump.. Is it the same mare?

If so, what a great 'finale' to a wonderful relationship...
Hang in there...

Mere said...

What an amazing story!! I'm all teary eyed thinking about it. :( Stay strong!

Love, Mere

P.S. Yes my iPhone's name is Iris! My Honda Fit's name is Heloise....

Denise K. said...

Oh I am so sorry you may need to sell this beloved friend...if only I could buy her from you and Ashlyn and I could love her as our own! She is a beauty and the photo of your daughter jumping with her is just priceless!

Alli said...

Yours is a beautiful peaceful blog...
Thank you for sharing...
Alli.....xx

wholarmor said...

Sorry to hear that you are losing your pet- one of your family members, I'm sure.

I love the photos!

dalayney said...

Gorgeous horse! I am so learning to love them as since we moved, the area we moved to is known for their horsefarms. (Bristol Wisconsin) They're everywhere and their gorgeous! :)

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

Oh, she is gorgeous. Sorry you are selling her. I'm sure you will only let her go to the most PERFECT family. Good luck.
Maria

Anonymous said...

I simply love your Blog...what amazing photos and what a gift you have for words.

You know these furry friends that God has blessed us with are a part of our family. I have never had a horse, but I know in my heart I would feel the same as I did about Copper or our kitty kids. God puts these wonderful friends in our lives to teach us things that we can not learn anywhere for from anyone else...there are so few humans who understand that which must make God sad indeed. They are his special connection with us and to so many they are "Just an animal"...NOT. Let God guide you in picking a new home..(((Hugs)))

( I am Carol From ND