Monday, December 27, 2010

Winter Solstice Eclipse

IT was a dark and cold night. Seriously cold! But since we were having a lunar eclipse on the VERY same day as our Winter Solstice, and that would not happen again until the year 2094 (figured I might be busy that day) I thought I should watch it. Even take a few pictures.



But after I took a few, I FROZE my fingers. I ran in and warmed up by the woodstove but they hurt as they thawed! I'm a baby, so that was it for me. I think the temperature was -7.



It was such a beautiful experience to watch the entire eclipse happen. Our girls went down on the lake with the neighbor kids and took their sleds to play in the unique moonlight. Michael and I sat in the yard and watched the display while we talked about Christmas plans.







Just a lovely, lovely night.

3 comments:

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

Wonderful photo!!!!!!!!

Happy almost New Year!

Joey Lynn Resciniti said...

2094, I'll have to mark that on the calendar! That's a special night for sure.

Kim said...

Now, THIS was what was supposed to happen at my house! At least one of us got a good picture of the eclipse—wow!