Friday, March 19, 2010

Chena's Cake





By some miracle, I have raised a baker. I like baking once in awhile, but this girl LOVES LOVES LOVES to bake. She is a wizard in the kitchen, adores cute aprons, invents her own recipes, and almost always bakes from scratch. She has so many recipes memorized, I count on her like a walking cookbook. She is on her third district 4-H medal for cooking projects. I'm pretty proud of her!




Well last week, she got a phone call and hung up the phone with an excited squeal..then started flipping through cookbooks. She had just gotten her first paid baking job! She was to make four or five cakes for an event honoring volunteers at a big banquet. She could not stop smiling.




She did an awesome job. A few she made were a lemon cream cake, a mexican chocolate, a pumpkin spice, and a cherry vanilla. Everyone loved them.




That's my girl!


7 comments:

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

Yeah!!! So so so proud of your girl!! That cake decor job is fabulous! This girl has a calling and a career!!!!

Kim said...

She's much more advanced than I ever was at that age, and I love to cook/bake, so I would have to agree with Andi that your daughter may indeed have a calling. That cake she's holding looks great!

Unknown said...

That is really awesome and her cake is beautiful! What a great skill to be developing at such a young age, and what a nice way to earn some extra money!

wholarmor said...

Lovely cake! Good for her!

Brandy said...

How exciting for her!! I am a baker and just LOVE to bake! So I can totally relate!! Her cake looks beautiful!!

Denise K. said...

Oh way to go Chena!!! I think establishing a love for baking and cooking starts early, and this will build such confidence in her! Her cake turned out so beautiful too!!! You are such a talented family!!! I have missed you all and look forward to visiting your blog and catching up!!!! :-)

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Oh, how neat! YOu have every right to be proud of her! Way to go!

XO,

Sheila :-)