Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Cupcakes, Cousins, Crafts, and Clowns!

Penelope had her first SLEEPOVER when she turned TEN! She was so excited, and she eagerly helped me plan everything to the last detail.
She knew she wanted to decorate cupcakes, so I got all the fun stuff to make their creations super special. She loved the cupcake tower!
Stealing some goodies!

Super yummy (don't invite any dentists to this decorating shindig!)

I love these clown cupcake bakers. Made of silicone, you can just stick them in the oven as they are. They are called Silly Feet, but I called them Stinky Feet just to make the girls giggle and say "uh UH!" Look what a great job they did decorating their "Stinky Feet Clowns".

Late at night, watching "Nim's Island" in the living room. We were going to watch the movie "Penelope" because I mean, how perfect is that? But one of the girls had already seen it, and said she was "freaked out by the pig nose". So we decided on a far away island where you can dance with sea lions. So cute!

For breakfast (which came waaaaay too early for one mom...) I made a surprise treat my mom used to make for me when I had sleepovers. Cake Waffles! Its easy! You make up a cake batter, and then just make waffles like normal in the wafffle iron. My mom used to make frosting to pour on them, but I thought that was a bit tooooo sweet, so I just put out butter and syrup. They loved t hem!

I might be just a wee bit partial, but isn't this just the CUTEST little gaggle of girls?

6 comments:

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

Super fun!!! What lucky lucky girls!!! I love your cake waffles idea.. yummy!

Everything sounded just right! Cupcakes, Nim's Island, and fun!!!!

What an awesome mom.... My birthday is in May... in case your ready to throw another one!

Loquacious said...

Oh the stinky feet are too darn cute!!!! I want some.

Pam said...

Awww! Great breakfast idea. They are so cute.

Denise K. said...

What a fun sleepover party! It looks like the girls had a great time, and I loved all your ideas! Seeing all the yummy cupcake toppers reminded me of "Girl Scout Punch." They combine Sprite or 7-Up with various juices, lemonade, etc...for a tastey concoction. I liked the idea of having M&M's, marshmallows, etc...to add on top. Oh and the cake waffles sound delicious! I will remember that one too! Thanks for sharing Penelope's special birthday party!! :-)

Unknown said...

Wow...cake waffles, huh? I HAVE to try that! :-) That sleepover looked WAY fun!

Brandy said...

FUN! It brings back SOOOO many memories!

LOVE the cake waffle idea!! I may have to give that a try!