My Top Ten Favorite Things About the Show!
1. Getting it behind me. I was so nervous! I had never shown a dog before, my Dandelion had never been IN a show, and there was so much to do and remember!
2. Being in the ring! I thought it would go slow, but the classes went so quickly. I loved being in there with her, and showing with other Corgi owners.
3. Hanging out with my kennel club. Everyone was so nice and supportive, and taught me so much!
4. Seeing all the other dogs! The girls and I wandered from ring to ring, watching all of our favorite breeds. We especially love Dalmatians, Labs, and Shelties.
5. People watching! Some of the other handlers/owners were SO intense and serious! I wish I had pictures of them using curling irons...YES! Curling irons! On their dogs! And straighteners! Hee hee.
6. Getting my feet wet. Now I feel like I know what to expect, I'm learning about the point system, and I can really improve for the next shows.
7. I didn't think I would like showing, and I found out that I loved it! :)
8. We got a Reserve Champion! Everyone says that is awesome, for a young puppy and a rookie handler. The person who won champion was the breeder of Dandelion's dad, and she has been showing for a very long time. She was SO happy about Dandelion, and took lots of pictures of her.
9. Getting to stay a whole weekend in Anchorage was SO fun, because we usually have to rush in and out of town. We were able to see friends and family, and really spend some time with them. That was WONDERFUL.
10. Getting home! I was so exhausted. LOL.
I only had my camera one day, and my Chena did not get any good pictures of us while we were showing. So here is our ONE picture, taken by Penelope with my Blackberry. Oh well!